Biotechnology industry commonly faces problems arising from scattering of data production sites. Transferring vast volumes of experimental data for central analysis is a bandwidth and security problem. When combined with the vast diversity of data from different methodologies, industrial R&D needs specialized solutions for keeping it all in context, and extracting value out if it. BC Platforms has created ingenious solutions for secure, federated data collections made available for central administration and analysis.
BC|GENOME provides a professional and efficient study management and analysis platform for all things genomic. An innovative problem splitting principle forms the backbone of the platform, and facilitates impressively efficient and fast workflows for complex genomic analyses and queries. BC|GENOME scales from the small association studies up to the largest existing genomic projects in terms of both data volume and lateral complexity. BC|GENOME supports over 30 peer reviewed academic analysis packages, imputing, in-house scripts like R and SAS, plus exposes an API for more advanced customizations for your bioinformaticians. BC|GENOME consists of multiple modules to manage an increasing number of data types – including NGS and ‘omics’ data.
BC|GENOME can harness the power of available computational resources, including local clusters, private or public cloud, and stand-alone calculation boxes. The modular nature of BC|GENOME makes it a powerful data integration hub for third party databases, instruments, international collaboration resources, and electronic health records.
GWAS, NGS, and other bioinformatics projects
- Small and massive scale correlations and other statistics
- Alignment workflows, variant calling, functional annotations
- Integration to clinical data
- Plug in in-house algorithms and tools
- Integrate to existing calculation resources for faster, parallel analyses
- Integration to NGS –derived data like non-coding RNA expression
Global data collections
- Global collaboration with assured data security
- Provides a powerful data management and analysis platform to all your research teams
- Federated data sourcing for geographically distributed data and distinct data formats (SQL, URLs, flat files)
- Centralized administration with flexibility to allow unhampered local data management
Fully utilizes the local IT capacity
The powerful backbone of the BC|GENOME comes as its own package for those who require maximum flexibility, customizability and the worlds best performing genomic analysis platform, without the graphical help. This set of modules is ideal for high performance and quick delivery environments, where re-inventing the wheel makes no sense. Users are provided a full set of tools for the database, genomic data structures, and analysis job control, making it possible to integrate the massive genomic analyses with your in-house workflows and data manipulation steps.
Bioinformatics core facilities
- Provides the same data security and administration features as BC|GENOME
- Easy streamlining of flow of data and results within projects
- Script support for R, SAS, and Perl
- Export formats for SPSS, Excel, and analysis software like PLINK
Highly specialized bioinformatics projects
- Flexible and customizable for in-house workflows
- Plug ins for external data sources i.e. SQL databases, URLs, and flat files
- High throughput of data, channeled directly to analysis